Randy Sassaman is a native of Kansas and received his law degree from the Washburn University School of Law, where he was a member of the Washburn Law Journal, in 1981.
After working for a Superior Court Judge in Phoenix, Randy accepted a position with Holloway & Thomas handling liability defense, insurance coverage and bad faith cases on behalf of insurers.
Randy joined Jennings, Kepner & Haug in 1987, where he continued to represent insurance companies and their insureds. He and two other members left the firm in 1987 and founded Raymond, Greer & Sassaman, P.C., where he continued to focus on personal injury, insurance coverage and bad faith cases, both defense and plaintiff until his withdrawal from the firm at the end of 2016.
Randy is pleased to have returned to his "roots", joining Holloway, Odegard & Kelly as "of counsel" in February of 2017. He is excited to be joining others who, like him, were mentored by Paul Holloway.
Randy has been certified as Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation specialist since 1996. He enjoys an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, and has been selected to the Southwest Super Lawyers, Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, and Best Lawyers.
- Kansas Inactive
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Rezaik v. Farmers Ins. Co. of Arizona 1CA-CV 14-0697 (App. 2016)
- Stankova v. Metropolitan Prop. & Cas. Co. 788 F.3d 1012 (9th Cir. 2015)
- Employers Mut. Cas. Co. v. DGG & CAR, Inc. 218 Ariz. 262, 183 P.3d 513 (2008)
- Liberty Ins. Underwriters, Inc. v. Weitz Co., LLC 215 Ariz. 80, 158 P.3d 209 (App. 2007)
- Uyleman v. D.S. Rentco 194 Ariz. 300, 981 P.2d 1081 (App. 1999)
- Floyd v. Donahue 186 Ariz. 409, 923 P.2d 875 (App. 1996)
- Newman v. Sun Valley Crushing Co. 175 Ariz. 272, 855 P.2d 786 (1993)
- Newman v. Sun Valley Crushing Co. 173 Ariz. 456, 844 P.2d 623 (App. 1992)
- West v. Sundance Dev. Co. 169 Ariz. 579, 821 P.2d 240 (App. 1991)
- Villareal v. State, Dep’t of Transp. 160 Ariz. 474, 774 P.2d 213 (1989)
- Arizona Property & Casualty Ins. Guar. Fund v. Herder 156 Ariz. 203, 751 P.2d 519 (1988)
- Chiara v. Fry’s Food Stores of Arizona, Inc. 152 Ariz. 398, 733 P.2d 283 (1987),
- Washburn University School of Law Tokepa, KS J.D., 1981
- Witchita State University Witchita, KS Administration of Justice, 1976
- Certified Specialist in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation Arizona State Bar
- Selected to Southwest Super Lawyers
- Selected to Arizona's Finest Lawyers
- Selected to Best Lawyers